Camping supplies must include nutritious food which will help you sustain throughout the outing. Along with nutrition, the way in which the food is to be prepared is also to be considered. The reason for this is that the equipment that are required in preparing the food must not be too heavy.
Another factor that is to be considered is whether you are backpacking or RV camping. There are different options for people who are RV camping and who are backpacking. In RV camping, you can easily carry things, like an oven, a stove, or a grill; while in backpacking, the weight of your backpack is of utmost importance.
Camping Food Guidelines
There are certain guidelines that you must follow when you have to decide the food to be carried for camping.
- The very first thing that you must decide is for how many days you are planning to camp. This is a very important thing to be considered, so count the number of meals that you will take according to the number of days you are staying at the campsite.
- Next thing that you must remember is to carry snacks with you that are ready to eat. These must be high in energy content, like some granola bars.
- Make a list of foods that you will have everyday, along with the quantity of food that is required to prepare each meal. Writing down all the things that are required for cooking is the best option.
- While deciding on the meals, remember to take those ingredients that have a long shelf life.
- When you are done with the list of ingredients, just sum up the weight of ingredients that are common. This will help to pick up these ingredients in the grocery shop easily and quickly.
- After making the list of ingredients, make a list of utensils that are required. Gather all the utensils that are required for camping.
Another tip for campers is to pack the ingredients in the zippered pouch and place a recipe card inside it. Remember that camping will make you hungry, so you must always keep some extra snacks with you. Lastly, remember that camping food must give you energy and must be easy to make.