- The best material for hiking gear in the summer is synthetic fiber like, polyester or polyamide.
- Start with a base layer of comfortable innerwear. Opt for a short-sleeved top and three-quarter length leggings.
- For the third layer, take along a jacket that will act as a shield against the wind and rain, if required.
- While hiking in winter, two pairs of wool socks and two pairs of gloves are recommended.
Spring and Autumn
- Carry a fleece jacket along with you.
- Wear two pairs of socks; woolen ones over synthetic ones.
Tips to Remember
* Always ensure that you wear a base layer of clothing made of fabrics that absorb sweat. This layer is the closest to your skin and fabrics that do not absorb sweat will make you feel sticky. Polyester microfiber is suited for the warm summers, whereas polypropylene is preferable for the cool winters.
* The footwear you choose is important. It would depend upon the climate and the terrain you will be exploring. For example, during the rains, choose waterproof shoes with a sturdy sole that enables you get a better grip. Always check the cushioning in the footwear. Stiff shoes can make your feet hurt.
With the right outfit for hiking, your trip can be made enjoyable without any hindrances in terms of comfort. The right clothing can help you face any changes in the weather with a smile!