The road bikes are bicycles made for paved tracks. Sometimes it is also termed as racing bicycle. They possess a lightweight body and are suitable for traveling long distances. Generally, the road bikes are meant for riding in an upright position. Riding in this position reduces the strain experienced by shoulders and wrists; however, the handlebars are also curved downwards, which gives the option to hunch and thereby reduce the wind resistance. High pressure is maintained in the tires of road bikes. This is because, it decreases the rolling resistance by reducing the tire's contact with the road. The bikes come with multiple gear combinations to be used according to the different roads or surfaces. Road bikes have multiple functions. They are used for traveling long distances, for fitness purpose, for event rides, etc. Here are a few things you should keep in mind while choosing a bike for you.
- Before buying a bike you need to do research of a few parameters like weight, frame material, drive train components, wheels, brakes, size of the bike, etc.
- Frame material is one thing you need to look for. Carbon frames are lighter, but are expensive. Whereas, steel frames are cheaper, but they are high on weight. Titanium and aluminum are also used as frame materials.
- It is advisable to spend on a quality frame if you want to use the bike for a long time.
- Choose smartly the type of brakes you need for your bike. You can go for rim brakes or disc brakes depending on what kind of braking performance you require.
- The other important parameter is the budget. Invest smartly while choosing the type of frame and the accessories for your bike.
Merida REACTO III
- Improved aerodynamics by using slim tube shapes, a lower seat stay connection and a one piece cockpit.
- Available in two frame levels CF4 & CF2. C4 is much lighter as it is made of carbon fiber, whereas CF2 is slightly heavier.
- The weight is reduced by 17.13% in this version of REACTO, i.e. from 2046g to 1695g.
- Enhanced comfort level with the new redesigned seat stays and S-Flex seat post.
- Latest disc brake option for better control and safety.
Trek Emonda SLR 8 Disc
- Lightest bike of the Trek's road bike production.
- The frame is made of the Ultralight 700 Series OCLV Carbon.
- Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3 Disc carbon wheels for super smooth performance.
- Hydraulic disc brakes to improve the control and safety.
- Outstanding control, stiffness and ride quality.
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6
- One of the most lightweight road bikes, consists of 200g lighter frameset.
- Improved fork shape, dropped seat stays with aero tubes, and a d-shaped seatpost, collectively optimize the aerodynamics.
- Consists of S-Works FACT 12r carbon frameset, and S-Works FACT carbon fork for a lighter and faster performance.
- Available in rim brake and disc brake versions.
BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc
- An asymmetric tube design of the fork, bottom bracket and chain stays enables smooth ride experience.
- Lightweight, stiffness and compliance are achieved with the help of Accelerated Composites Evolution (ACE) technology.
- Consists of Teammachine SLR01 Premium Carbon frame.
- Integrated cockpit design provides greater adjustability.
- A proprietary lightweight brake mount system called - Direct Frontal Flat mount, for maintaining minimum weight.
The suggestions and tips presented above should be used for buying a bike that suits your needs. A list of few brands with specifications are mentioned in this write up. So choose a suitable bike with the help of details presented above.